3.14

It was Pi day, but in our house we like to celebrate it as PIE day, because it's all about food around here. I have a growing 12 year old boy who is never full, a growing 10 month old girl who is always eating, and 3 other in-between, always-growing, always-hungry girls. (I happen to like food too).
So this year I had high hopes of having a "pie supper", meaning pie as the main course and pie for dessert. Shepherd's pie to be exact, with my leftover pot roast from yesterday. But with the way of things in our household, time ran out on me. I often lay down plans and they jump up and run out the front door before I can snag them and make it happen.
So plan B was put into action - spaghetti! Not really 'pie'-ish, but quick, easy and ready to eat before the minions revolt. I was able to make dessert pies though! We had pumpkin pie and gave away a chocolate pudding pie to the neighbor. So we were able to celebrate pi day with pie, and all went to bed with full tummies.

Comments

  1. I didn't realize it was pi day but funny enough, I made a chocolate pudding pie on the 14th!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Success!

Saturdays

Waiting