Cousins came to visit

Last week my kids had VBS each morning. Which left me and Little K. with time to run errands and do 'fun' stuff like that. So I have been a bit remiss in blogging.
And then the cousins came to visit. Since these are the Wyoming cousins, the beach was a natural choice. They don't have much in the way of oceanfront views in Wyoming.
the beach!
The day turned out to be one of the nicest ones yet! Sunshine, a little breeze, and glorious sights. We ran on the sand, played in the water, climbed the driftwood - carefully. We ate lunch at Mo's; because any trip to the beach without clam chowder from Mo's would just not be a complete trip.
look at those tiny footprints
the driftwood was across the tidewater
but not deep enough to deter the waders and climbers
After lunch we decided to try a different beach; one with a river instead of a bay.  When we got there the first thing we saw was these beautiful kites. Actually since I was driving, the first thing I saw was that there was no parking spots to be found. But the kites were huge and amazing! Little K and I got a nap in the car while the others set off to build a dam. Yep that was the goal of the kids, to dam up the flowing water. It must be all the engineer genes in the family. Buckets and shovels were handed out and the work began.


preview to the kite festival
planning the work




Little K loves the beach. She loved the feel of sand in her toes, and her hands. She enjoyed throwing the sand into the air, even when it hit her face. What she really wanted though, was to get in that water! She ran for the creek time after time. And then headed for the great big water - the ocean. Her daddy scooped her up and showed it to her safely. I think I have another beach baby - to join in with the 4 other ones I have.

By the time we were ready to leave, other kids had joined in on the building process. We were full of sand and wet pants, but what a fun time! The beach is always better with cousins to share it.

Posted by Picasa

Comments

  1. Well, I'm glad you were having fun, but I was having withdrawals without any blog posts from you. I live vicariously through other people's fun. Don't let your kids grow up too fast before I am done with schooling and can have them over for a weekend!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Success!

Get your checkup!

Working on a weekend