Why run?

I woke up this morning and thought, I can go for a run! There was nothing pressing that I needed to do, no deadlines, or places to shuttle children to. And it sounded like a really good idea to just go run. Yes, I admit, I am one of those people who just likes to run. I like the feeling while running, and afterwards too. But I had other factors motivating me too:
1. My son's cross country team. Watching him and the other high schoolers run, makes me want to join them; it reminds me of those days so long ago running around southern Oregon.
2. My Runner's World magazine came this week. I read it cover to cover, this time without eating ice cream!
3. Usually at this time of year, my husband and I are running a 5k for the Oktoberfest in Mt. Angel. We've done this race for the past 5 or 6 years, this year being the first time neither of us are.
4. The dog looked like it wanted to run too. It's always more fun to run with a buddy, so I hooked up the pup and took her along. She actually made the run even more enjoyable.
5. Last night, as a family, we took part in a downtown "race" searching for specified stores, getting a stamp on our paper, and running on to the next stop. G and I did this as a date back in July, so this time around, we took all the kids. And they really liked it. The Boy stuck with his cross country teammates who were there - and ended up coming in before anyone else. For those who are interested his photo (and mine and the girls) got on the facebook page, I'll send you the link if you would like.
So with all that motivation, how could I not run today?

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Success!

Saturdays

Waiting