New

Two months ago we moved into this new home of ours. Someone asked me yesterday if we are settled in. not really sure what she meant, I said yes and no.
Most of the boxes are unpacked. But not all of them.
We know where to find most items, but we're still asking "Where is ..." questions.
We've fallen into somewhat of a routine, but we're still trying to figure certain ways of doing certain chores. With 2 kids gone, the chore list has changed. With only 1 in homeschool, the chore list doesn't always get done each day.
Now that the Christmas break is almost over, we'll be reassessing which kids are in which rooms - since the college kids won't be back for a little while. So, there will still be more change, more figuring it out, more searching for that elusive item that I sure hope we didn't get rid of when we move-purged.
But it is starting to feel like home. Even though I still marvel at the view every single morning, I am beginning to feel like we belong here. I'm trying different ways of arranging and decorating, taking my time even though inside I want it all to be perfect right away!
We've had family over, we've had friends over, we've had spontaneous get-togethers, and we've had two major holidays here .... all a part of making a house into a home.



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Success!

Get your checkup!

Working on a weekend