More Firsts

How did this sweet little boy of mine
get to be this old? He stepped on the school bus this morning ... for the first time. He was so nervous, and excited. He went over and over his schedule and which rooms he had to be in at what time. I just kept saying the same prayer over and over.

My husband asked me if there were many kids on the bus when S. got on. I had to tell him there was some, um, dust in my eyes, and yeah, I didn't notice. My first day of school was a bit emotional.
And this girl! The one in the middle - she is starting 5th grade! When I was in 5th grade, 10 years old, I was crazy. Mostly about boys. Actually that started back in first grade I guess. She still thinks boys are yucky. Very. 
 But how did she get to be nearly 11 and very capable and helpful around the house and with the family?! And what am I going to do when they go off to college?!?
Well, we've got about 18 more years until this little twerp leaves home ... so I think I have time to prepare for an empty house.
Posted by Picasa

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Success!

Saturdays

Waiting