Goals for 2021

 

A new year, a new list. So that I don't forget what I'm looking to accomplish, I wrote down my goals for this year. In no particular order....

1. Take care of my health. As in, go to the doctors... check ups, routine visits, all of that..I don't like going to the doctor. It took getting a nail in my finger last year to get my overdue tetanus shot. Along with doctors, I want to lose about 10 pounds. We took a weekend away in October and I came home with extra weight that wasn't there when we left the house. And it has not gone away. Yet.

2. Read through the Bible this year. I did this back in 2018 (?) and would like to get at it again this year. Day 3 and I'm still on track 

3. Projects! Last year I started a playhouse for the kids. Hoping to finish it once we get our windows in ... We'll take a couple of old windows and put them in the playhouse. I also plan on building a picnic table and possibly some Adirondack chairs, although these seem like a challenge, but we'll see.

4. Landscape-- I'd like to take a few things out of the yard and replace them with flowers, and add flowers to other places. I also want to put in an herb garden. Even though our farm is right next door, I'd like my herbs to be right outside so when I'm cooking I can just go grab what I need. 

5. Activities-- I'm feeling ambitious ...I'd like to take a hike at least once a month. There are so many beautiful places to explore in our area. I'd also like to go kayaking more this year. The couple of times I did it last year were wonderful.

6. Recipes. I have a number of cookbooks and yet we usually eat the same thing all the time. I'm going to try at least one to four new recipes a month. It's time to add something new to the rotation.

7. Explore Oregon. I still have one child in homeschool this year, so it's a great time to explore our corner of the world together. There are plenty of locally made items we can look for and try while we discover the history around us, and the present opportunities.

So, that's my list. What about you? Any goals for this year?


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Success!

Get your checkup!

Working on a weekend