Goals for 2021 - Month 2

 Just a check in to see where I'm at in my goals for the year

1. Take care of my health.  I'm working on eating better. I've done some run/walks the past few weeks.

2. Read through the Bible this year.  I am still ahead in my reading. Getting to the end of Exodus. I've been reading through the Bible chronologically. So I read some of Genesis, then Job, then back to Genesis and on to Exodus. My husband told me he was done with Exodus and moving on in his reading plan. And, how crazy is this, my competitive side whispered to me, "You need to finish Exodus today and catch up to him." I did not heed my competitiveness this time and I'm sticking to my plan.

3. Projects! I finished up the two quilts I was working on. One was a birthday gift for my mother in law - a lap quilt. The other was a T-shirt quilt for a friend. It is the second one I have made, and I think I learned a lot on the first one, so the second seemed easier and better. Except for the binding. I had a lot of trouble with that.




4. Landscape. I found some time to do a little outlining of the flower bed and trim up part of our boxwood hedges. I drew out where I want to put my herb garden but now I'm rethinking it. One of our dogs died last week and that actually changes where I can put my herb garden - more options.

5. Activities. Just walks for now. I took a 5 miler with a friend a few weeks ago. It was great and the time and miles just flew by as we talked.

6. Recipes. We've tried some new recipes. One night was Broccoli Quiche. The response was positive but not overwhelmingly so. Tonight I roasted cauliflower with olive oil and spices and they all liked it! I've also tried: Roasted sweet potatoes (yum!); Garlic knots (addicting); Hot milk cake (not a fan).

7. Explore Oregon. Well nothing yet. I guess I'm kind of waiting for warmer or dryer weather.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Success!

Get your checkup!

Working on a weekend