Toss Up Tuesday

Little thoughts running through my head...
I started the fire in the wood stove today. All by myself. And it actually caught and is burning and warming the front rooms. The stove in my parents' house while I was growing up was a nice feature, if you were in the front rooms. Back in the bedrooms down that long hallway, the floors were ice cold and you were glad there were plenty of blankets on the beds in the winter! Sometimes I want my kids to experience the feeling of frozen toes as they step out of their warm beds. But we have carpeting throughout the house here.

One of the girls is coughing and sneezing up a storm and a half today. I think it is just a cold. But this H1N1 virus going around has me really on edge! I have been almost-obsessive with the thermometer anytime they cough or sneeze. And then I hear that this flu doesn't always have a fever. What?! How would I know then?! And it is suppose to be worse on pregnant women. And I can't take anything like Tylenol if I get sick (for other medical reasons). The word of the day, being barked every few minutes it seems, is "Cover!"; as in "Cover your mouth when you cough."

I see a silver lining in this cold that she has - she can still go to school! One reason I like homeschooling - I don't have to worry about whether I should send them to school or not when they have symptoms. They get to do school anyway. OK, if they are running a fever and pretty lethargic, I won't make them study;

My nephew and his wife had a baby last week. So exciting! He is the cutest little thing I have seen in so long. And he has these gorgeous dimples! It made me a bit more excited about the baby we are expecting. Honestly, the feelings for our own little one have not been on par with the past four. Mostly because it was totally unexpected and disruptive to what we had planned. My plans have been thwarted, and I wasn't a happy camper. But seeing my new great-nephew (which makes me sound so old!) has made me more excited than anything else has about our baby. As a friend of mine says, "There's nothing better than fresh baby."

And finally, I think I/we forgot a friends' birthday. We were so good at sending greetings to his kids and his wife when she turned 40 this year. And then we go and not make a peep on his birthday. Sorry JH in Costa Rica. Hope you had a good day! I'm sure your family remembered, and that's what counts. And probably your other friends who aren't quite as loser-ish as us.

Comments

  1. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Success!

Saturdays

Waiting