Out and About

We've been going and going and going. And finally we were able to slow down just a tad and stay home. Once basketball season and swim fnished we had a few nights off and what a nice break. However track season is upon us; and we're eagerly anticipating the first meet of the season soon.

We've taken some field trips in the meantime with the homeschoolers. One of them was to the OSU gymnastics meet. It was Little K's first meet and she was so excited to go! Thankfully it was only between two teams and so only lasted two hours. That's about as long as this 7 year old could sit in the same seat. By the end she was asking when it would be over. So even though all of it captured her attention, it was just the right length. Of course I always enjoy being back on campus - definitely one of the most beautiful campuses on the West Coast.

There's been work on our latest farming adventure. We took advantage of a sunny day and went out to pull the weeds away from the trees. It didn't take long, so the girls has time to play while I helped my dad with other stuff.

We also took a field trip awhile back to OMSI. I am not a fan of Portland or rather, driving in and around Portland. But I girded myself - packed provisions (water, snacks) and made the trek. We thoroughly enjoyed ourselves, and I even splurged on food at the museum.


While we have been getting a fair share of sunshine here, the rain did its thing again this winter, which kept me inside. So once again, like last year, I turned to quilting for a while. I cranked out the 12 blocks for this set of Block of the Month that a neighbor gave me. Soon I am going to have my aunt help me figure out the sashes and strips and backing so I can actually put the quilt together. That's my hope anyway. We'll see how the weather cooperates. When the sun comes out, it beckons me to move outdoors, and there's no way I want to be sitting down quilting.

Our Middle Child went to her first Formal this past weekend. Wow they grow up quickly!
She and a group of friends met up and got prepared together, then we met at a park and took some pictures. I don't know that I am ready for her to be growing up. Thankfully, for her sake and mine, her older sister has paved the way in so many areas.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Success!

Get your checkup!

Working on a weekend