End of season

Way back in the middle of summer, The Girl Who Swims, and Runs, mentioned she would not be running on the cross country team this year. Admittedly I was a little sad. I enjoy running, and I enjoy seeing my kids compete in sports. After a short talk together, basically "think about it some more, and "how are you going to stay in shape fro swim?" and "it is your last chance ever" she changed her mind and joined the team once again.
This last week was the end of it. Her last high school cross country meet. And it was a fun one. She stayed in the top group most of the way and finished up in 9th place. Which meant she did not qualify for moving up to the State level. I wasn't sure how I would find her at the finish line. With some tears in our eyes, we hugged and she said "I don't have to run anymore!" So now on to her favorite sport: swimming. ((This girl has been a water baby since she was born. Never wanting to get out of the tub, always drawn to water wherever we go. Quite the opposite of her mom.))

Earlier in the week our singer/actor went onstage with her choir - They had a "coffeehouse" event, complete with dancing numbers, singing, acting, and band. It was a fun night, and I also happened to win a raffle prize - violin lessons! Well worth the $1 spent on a raffle ticket!

In other news - some of the family went to my brother and sister in law's house this weekend for their annual pumpkin party. Each year they invite a whole ton of people to come and hang out, eat good snacks, and carve a pumpkin or two or three. There is also the annual pumpkin rolling. It's not really a contest. So for the competitive type it might seem strange. But it is just a Fun time rolling the pumpkins down the hill, seeing which ones go furthest, which ones smash into trees, which ones fall apart as they go, which ones the dog can catch. This year I actually carved a pumpkin, for a friend who had too much homework to come along with us. I usually hang out, eat, and watch the kids do the work.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Success!

Get your checkup!

Working on a weekend