Success!

I made soup from scratch last night. And I followed the recipe (almost) to a "T". I've just figured it out - I cannot follow any recipe exactly. But the only thing I did differently is to leave a spice out, which didn't affect the taste.
My husband really likes split pea soup. I have been buying it occasionally in the can for him; but then I came across a easy-looking recipe, bought the dry peas, and waited until I had a ham bone leftover. I have never eaten this kind of soup, it was a first for me and my kids last night. And I loved it! Along with a loaf of yummy homemade oatmeal bread, I was quite satiated by supper. I'll post the recipe over on my recipe pages.
And to round out the night, what could be better than watching the kids play Twister?

Well, maybe giving them rides on Twister...

Comments

  1. Fun to look back and see this pop up when I was done reading the current post! -ET

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Get your checkup!

Working on a weekend