Cross country

We only have 1 meet left in the season! I can't believe it has gone by so fast. The kids started running in August, just come-if-you-can practices, and ice-cream runs. And now as their times are inching down, as their muscles are stronger and their strides are faster. .. it will be coming to an end.
The Boy's senior season has been good. No injuries, a little sickness, but nothing bad; he is running well, and taking off time at each meet. I know it isn't his favorite sport. It's more of a stay-in-shape kind of sport. But that's ok. It is a lifetime sport, so we're good with that.
The Girl Who Swims, is also quite a runner. She continues to amaze us, just as her brother did as he grew through high school. Her times continue to shrink; her placing in races continues to get better. And she is good. I try not to get my hopes up, but a part of me wants her to make it to the state meet this year. If not, that's ok too, she's only a sophomore, she likes running, so I know we'll have 2 more years to obtain that goal.
At least we have basketball next season - woot woot!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Success!

Get your checkup!

Working on a weekend