It Begins

Last night was the first night.
We are back at the crucial time in baby's life where she learns ...
to go back to sleep on her own. 

I, too, have to adjust my habit of going in every time she cries, picking her up and cuddling her. But oh, how those sweet hugs and whimpers break my heart. 
I stood strong last night, after I finally turned off the light, and prayed a million Give me strength prayers.
She woke up 3 times during the night, with each crying time getting progressively shorter! I was able to lay there and just listen to her without going in. I must admit, I was more worried about my reaction than hers. But we both came through just fine, both rested when we awoke in the morning, and we were up and out of our pajamas by 8 am! A breakthrough for sure!

Comments

  1. the first couple times we sleep trained caleb it was heart wrenching! thankfully it gets easier with time for both baby and parents! good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  2. congratulations for being strong. sometimes your spouse has to hold you in bed to prevent you from getting up. support each other.
    Linda G

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gee this just makes me want to go through motherhood all over again.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Julie
    Sounds like you're doing great. I have really enjoyed the book entitled, "The No-Cry Sleep Solution" by Elizabeth Pantley. Good Luck! :)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Success!

Get your checkup!

Working on a weekend