Gymnastics

Last night was Opening Ceremonies for the Winter Olympics. I missed watching it but I got to enjoy an athletic event of a different sort. My 2 sisters and I along with my oldest daughter and my niece went to the OSU gymnastics meet. (Thanks LG!!) It was fantastic! It has been years since I have been back to my Alma mater for a meet like that, and it brought back all kinds of memories. Not only did those girls look. so. young. but the town has changed ... and it hasn't changed.
I saw the places I met people, the buildings where we lived, the bike paths we traversed, the memories of motorcycle rides .... Of course, my daughter didn't take much interest in that, so I didn't say too much about, "Back when I was here..." But I remembered.
I thought of the times I played basketball at my first college - a tiny little school in Oakland, CA - before transferring to OSU and just watching the games. I thought about the people I met in college and how some of them I keep up with on facebook now, but most of them - well I am not sure where they are. Curiosity makes me wonder what they are doing, who they became.
And as I watched this years' batch of gymnasts I wondered about the ones who went through OSU while we were there. My husband loves to remind me that he held Chari Knight's hand at a prayer conference. Chari was a legend in our school, mainly because of what she is doing in this photo - but also because she was/is?/ an amazing gymnast! I wonder if gymnasts do this these days.

Comments

  1. I remember those days! :) Joy Selig, Amy Durham, Chari Knight. They were great gymnasts! Loved the fun times of going to the meets and watching them in action! I also did some "I remember when" touring of the campus last September when I was in Oregon. First time since graduation! You're right. It's changed. and yet... it hasn't changed. :)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Success!

Get your checkup!

Working on a weekend