Oh baby!

We had a baby this weekend.
And he is a cutie!
 It all started with a parade, and a family reunion. The annual get together at my aunt and uncle's house was this past weekend. I managed to make it to the little town parade too. I got to see some college friends in the parade, which was a cool highlight for me!
 And instead of just candy, one group handed out Otter Pops - score! on such a hot day!
 Aunts and uncles cousins and far flung relatives along with friends (and plenty of people who I am related to but I don't know) were at the get-together.
The dessert contest once again honored my girls' hand at cake-decorating:
And there was plenty of time for games and some football throwing. It's always nice to see the older two actually getting along.
 
 And then we took the young un's home. The house was fairly baby-proofed, but thankfully I have some great older kids who are terrific babysitters. (Plug here - anyone need a sitter? Call my older kids!)
 Well, Baby only wanted his big cousin though, most of the time; I did manage to get in some baby snuggles and squeezes though when Dash was out of the room.

We also had his big sisters over for the weekend. They aren't quite as babyish or baby-snuggly, but they are full of giggles and fun with my girls. I think all four of them were pretty much exhausted by Monday afternoon.

And since it has been a few years since we've had a baby in the house, I settled in for my own nice nap after baby and his sisters went home.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Success!

Get your checkup!

Working on a weekend