A New Year of Goals

Happy New Year!
I'm looking forward to a great year. We had some highs and lows in 2015. We'll have some of the same in 2016, I'm sure. But for now it is a big open slate, ready to be written on.
I've decided to try again and make some goals for myself in this coming year, and I'll share them with you.
1. Read through the Bible.
I haven't done this in a long long time. My 10 year old brought this up, wanting to do it, so I decided to come alongside and do it with her.

2. Run a 5k with each of my family members this year.
This means each of my children and my husband, NOT my siblings/extended family. Although that would be awesome. I've done 5k's with my brother, a niece, a sister-in-law and my aunt, (and a marathon with my niece!) but I would love to see more of my extended family exercising. If a 5k challenge would get them moving, I'm up for it. And you know who you are!!

3. Acknowledge family member's birthdays. I tried one year to send cookies to each of my siblings for their birthdays. I think I made it to April. When you have 7 brothers, 2 sisters, 2 brother-in-laws, 9 sister-in-laws and then all those nieces and nephews ... well, I don't always get a card of something in the mail to them. I want to change that this year. I think this will probably be the hardest goal for me to meet.

4. Pray for my husband every morning.
Not much explanation to this. I need to do it. I'm so very thankful he is with us still, and I do pray for him often. But I want to be more intentional about it this year.

5. Blog at least once a week.
I am going to try and cut back on my commitments. I shared with someone recently that I have (once again) over committed my time, and I am stressing out. As my husband put it, I'm "doing too much and not doing it well." So I want to cut back on outside commitments, and have the time again to write. I think of so many things I want to put down, and yet rarely have the time and energy to do it.

So that's my list for now.
We'll hopefully check back in a month and see how it is.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Success!

Get your checkup!

Working on a weekend