Keeping Up

January is past us now. We are fully into the new year. And I have been able to keep up with most of my goals so far.
1. Read through the Bible - so far I am only a day behind in my log, but I should hopefully catch up soon.
2. Run a 5k. - I haven't signed up for one yet. I'm still having a hard time getting motivated when it is rainy and cold outside! And I don't do treadmills.
3. Acknowledge birthdays - My sister had her birthday last month and we had a little surprise for her. I invited some ladies over to watch the Cinderella (2015) since most of them had not seen it. And we managed to bring presents and cake along to celebrate my sister's birthday, which was the day before. I didn't personally get to see my mother-in-law on her birthday earlier in the month, but my husband was able to take her out for lunch.
 4. Pray for my husband every morning. - ok, so maybe not every morning this month, but every day, definitely.
5. Blog weekly - oops. But hey, here I am!

So January was full of swim meets and basketball games, which are probably the sports of heaven in my mind. I love seeing my kids excel in their sport! Watching the Boy play ball, I am reminded of my time on the court so long ago. I had plenty of enthusiasm and not so much talent. I think he has both. he is also blessed by coaches who want to help him get better. They take the time to tell him what to change, to encourage him when he needs it, and also to get in his face and yell at him when he needs that too. My daughter, the Girl who Swims, has also been blessed by some great coaches! Her basketball coach in middle school was, and still is, one of our favorite coaches. She knew how to push the girls, and encourage them and help them get better with the talent they had. My girl went from never playing basketball to scoring double digits. And now that she is swimming, her coach there is just as great, helping to push her to find her full potential. The Girl who Swims was mentioned in a local story about the school's swim team - because she had won her race. It wasn't until we read the story the day after the meet that we learned that she had won! She didn't tell us that. I don't think she is quite convinced yet that she is an athlete, and a good one!

School at home has been going much better since January. I was feeling so overwhelmed in the Fall, and I knew something had to change. I don't know what has changed - I am still responsible for the same amount of stuff/meetings/ etc. but our homeschool time has gotten better and dare I say it, More Fun. Being a part of the schooling instead of just telling the girls to "read this" is a big part of the change. We talk more and there aren't quite as many tears as before. Staying home is a treat! Today I had nowhere I had to be, and I felt like we *should* be going somewhere - I mean, it is Sunny outside!! But we have nowhere we need to go; I can just relax and enjoy being the STAY at Home Mom.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Success!

Get your checkup!

Working on a weekend