It's Spring!

I think spring has finally come to our corner of the world. There was enough sun to lure us into a spontaneous trip to the beach. So we had 'school' out at the coast today.

 We started with Music Class - As we drove, I had the Zac Brown Band CD playing; K took over the guitar solos, M. managed the fiddle, I tried to keep up with vocals and drums.
We had a little lesson in Social Studies before we hit the beach. I needed to add something to our picnic lunch, so a quick stop at the grocery store yielded some chocolate filled croissants .. a little peek into French culture. I've heard that they eat chocolate with breakfast. Not having been there, I think I would like to research this firsthand at some point.
Our next class was Oceanography. We explored the tidepools and learned about sea anemones, mussels, waves, and the power of water on rock.
PE was next. The three of us climbed all the way to the top of the big sand dune. It took a little longer for me, but I made it!



And we even got an Economics lesson in today - K was lobbying for a stop at the ice cream shack on the way home; Unfortunately it was out of the path of the drive home, and beyond what I had budgeted for the little trip.
Not too bad for a homeschool day. Sad that the older 3 couldn't come with us.
#LivingTheAbundantLife

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Success!

Get your checkup!

Working on a weekend