Go For a Run

Dear Running Shoes,

You greet me each morning, staring up at me with your eyelets, silently begging to be taken for a run. And yet I pass you over for my sandals.
I know, I know, it's been a month since I took you out for a run. But hey, don't stick your tongue out at me - at least I've taken you for walks in the evenings. The days have been long, not only with the sun staying up until 9 pm, but with all the activity going on around here. I have a senior graduating from high school, and an 8th grader moving up, and two homeschoolers that still need to finish their books. It looks like we will be doing some math through the summer. I must say, not having summer basketball has been a nice break, although I do miss it. I miss the games, and the visiting with our sports 'family'. But I don't miss the time it took up. And I know there will be more in the future.
But, dear running shoes, you won't be stuck in my closet forever. I promise. The 11-year-old has mentioned a number of times now that she wants to do a triathlon. In order to do that, we need to get her running first. Which means she and I will be starting a 'Couch to 5k' training plan next week. So you see, all hope is not lost, soon you'll get to hug my sweaty feet again and support me in my quest for mileage.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Success!

Get your checkup!

Working on a weekend