Running On

Dear Brother,

I'm running again! I was off for over a month. At one point I even told my husband that i thought I didn't want to run anymore, ever. It was that bad. What changed my mind?
Well, 1st off, the weather. We had a lot of rain, and it was very easy to not want to run in the cold downpours. Now with the sun, or even the gray but warm days, I feel like getting outside and moving.
2. My schedule. Now that school is out I actually have time to run.
3. My energy. I started taking a multi-vitamin along with my iron supplements and it has made a huge difference in my energy.
4. Accountability. My daughter wants to run a triathlon, so I'm trying to get her started with running, working her into the Couch to 5K kind of program. Also, my aunt mentioned doing something, so having the two of them motivates me.
5. And one more thing .. I want to lose some weight, at least 5 pounds. When the pants start to feel too tight, it's time to get back on the road!
So now I have grand dreams - a 5K this summer, a 10K later maybe in the Fall or winter, then a half marathon in April. And then, maybe just maybe a full one next year.
 It feels great. And my shoes are happy again.

Comments

  1. Good for you. Vacation and heat have put me in holding pattern after I had just finished the Cto5k program. Might have to try real early morning runs to beat heat. TAS

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Success!

Get your checkup!

Working on a weekend