Let them eat cake

April is a big month of birthdays around here.
We've had an enormous amount of cake and ice cream this month, I've also stepped up my exercise routine. The two may or may not be related.
Earlier in April I had a hankering for some chocolate cake. "It's April It's cake month" my brain was yelling at me; so I listened. I grabbed a new recipe from my friend Betty Crocker and whipped up a delicious chocolate cake. And that is how we started the week of my husband's birthday!
((Here's a link to the recipe  https://www.bettycrocker.com/recipes/best-chocolate-cake-with-fudge-frosting/ee6153e7-dd8c-47ae-bd88-8fc70ce57a24   Note - I used my lactose free milk instead of buttermilk and powdered baking chocolate instead of the bars. And I made basic frosting not the kind listed here))
On his actual birthday he got sherbet - because he's not really a cake kind of guy. But he loves sherbet and ice cream. And then we had company over, which means we have to have some kind of good dessert! So I whipped up (literally) a chocolate cream pie that is the easiest thing in the world to make, but tastes so so good.
((Here's the link for my recipe  http://togetherasfamily.com/2017/06/no-bake-double-chocolate-cream-pie/  ))
The following week my middle daughter had her 15th birthday. But because she was going to be out of town on the actual date, so we had chocolate cake again a few days beforehand.
And this past weekend my youngest was baptized. Tradition says we get a cake and celebrate, because it really is a great thing she's done. It was a store-bought cake, and we finished it up last night.
Oho! I forgot - the day before baptism, we celebrated my niece's 30th birthday .. yes! more cake!
But wait, there's even more.
Tomorrow is Little K's birthday. Which means I need to make a cake today! I think I'll go visit my friend Betty again. And then this weekend I'll get in and good long run.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Success!

Get your checkup!

Working on a weekend