Trying something

The weather people were predicting gale force winds and pouring/ dumping rains. The bicycle tire and brakes weren't working right. No one was in bed at 10:30 pm.
That was Friday night.

On Saturday morning, three of us got up at 6 am to head out for a triathlon. The Mr and The Girl who Swims would compete - I would spectate. The other children would sleep in and later clean house or something (more like the something of watch movies).
We had a downpour as we left home but then a few miles down the road it was clear and sunny skies. There was a breeze ... ok, a wind ... but it wasn't blowing us off the road.
The competitors had nearly perfect weather for this triathlon. My sister and I got to see both of my people swim - it was a bit of exercise for us too as we hurried from one pool to the other pool in a separate building, to see them in time; we managed to see our friends bike and run also.
The weather held; all of our people finished the race without collapsing (always a win in my book) and we had a great lunch on the way home.
And then the skies opened and the rain came down in buckets. Thankfully by then I was tucked in by the woodstove next to the fire, reading a semi-interesting book while my Mr and daughter recovered from their workout.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Success!

Get your checkup!

Working on a weekend