Our Spring Break

A week has passed since our spring break ended and I am finally getting to this.
It went by too fast! We kept busy enough to feel it, but no so busy that we didn't sleep in. Oh, that felt good. And yes, Monday morning of back-to-school was very painful for all of us.
We started the break with a wedding - friends' children who we've known since our kids were little. We all enjoyed the wedding .. it was simple and beautiful. Our Boy got a chance to serve - scooping ice cream at the reception. 

We all enjoyed the dancing - The Boy and I joined in on the Mom and Son dance;
The girls showed us their moves to songs we had no clue on;
and The Mr had some great tango moves. It made me miss our ballroom dancing days.
That evening we picked up The Cousins. What a giggle-filled three days those were!
We took them to a local children's museum one day. There was an exhibit there for streams - and just like an engineer's grandchildren would do, they each started damming up the stream, making an island and enjoying the lake they created. It was great to watch them enjoy playing in the mud, one of my own favorite childhood activities.


We squeezed in some dress shopping, a movie, and a day at the farm among sleeping and eating. I am not a movie-goer, (I think the last time I went was in 2015) but I really wanted to see this one, so my sister and I took an afternoon and went to see "I Can Only Imagine" in the theater. It was very good!
 I took the girls out to the beach for one afternoon. Oh boy, it was definitely an Oregon coast day - sunny but so cold when the wind blew. That didn't stop the girls from climbing the big dune and taking plenty of pictures. I even managed to make it up the dune once. We counted starfish - and discovered so many we lost track of what number we had reached. There were plenty of people at the coast that day, but we never got stuck in traffic; and we had an enjoyable dinner at Mo's before heading back to the city.
 And finally, it was the end of the break - Easter weekend. Our church has a newish tradition of serving breakfast for everyone on Easter. Since we have a Saturday night service, we serve breakfast then also. All of us, minus the Boy who had to work at his real job, signed up to help serve the breakfast. Being the first time for our family, the kids weren't sure what to expect. But we all had a great time serving and visiting with all who came.
Then it was Easter. This is the first year I have ever made/given my kids Easter baskets. They were surpised to find them in the morning. After church and eating Second breakfast there, we came home and had our own family egg hunt. First the older kids hid the eggs filled with candy, for the youngest two to find. And then The Mr and I had a fun time hiding them for the older kids to find. We gathered up our things and traveled to my sister's home for the big family meal and egg hunt (175 eggs this year)



Spring Break was over. Another week of relaxation done.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Success!

Get your checkup!

Working on a weekend