Campers

You might think that a 40-something year old married mother of five wouldn't be afraid of much.
You might think that such a woman who has been to the ER more than once with 4 of those five children, and more times than that with her husband, wouldn't be afraid of much.
Over our 21 years of marriage I've had to face a few of my fears. Deep water, high heights, and high fevers have all served a sort in deepening my prayer life.

One other area of my life that leads me to my knees is traveling without the Mr. Traveling in itself can be stressful. Not the everyday drive around town, or over to the coast travel. Last week I loaded up our four girls and myself and all our camping gear, and the five of us drove 8 hours to a campsite, where we joined my siblings and families for part of the annual family camp. I didn't sleep well the whole week beforehand; crazy dreams and interrupted nights had me wondering what was going on.
But we did it. And we made it. And we had fun!

Wallows Lake campground was beautiful. The girls got to ride the rails - kind of like bicycling on train tracks. I was feeling sick that morning so I didn't go. But that was ok, because the scenery was gorgeous. God's handiwork is amazing.
We played mini golf, and the girls had ice cream cones afterwards. We played games after dinner with the family. We made s'mores and told stories of the past year and the past decades (I learned something about my brother #5 that I had never known, involving a book against a certain teachers head.)
I didn't miss the bustle of the city, and the traffic. As I drove through the little towns of Enterprise and Imbler, I thought I could probably live here.
The drive home didn't seem as long, since I was feeling better, and heading back to my sweetie.
Would I do it again? Probably!


Comments

  1. so glad you came. next time try to hook up with someone else that is coming. and come for a longer time.
    L.G.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Success!

Get your checkup!

Working on a weekend