In my corner


In my corner of the world this past week:
I read my Runner's World magazine (blissful sigh), and started a Katharine Hepburn biography - it's very dry though, so I might not finish it;
I watched my husband make corned beef and cabbage for us to try at lunch;
I went to the hair salon, the State Fair, and the grocery store;
I laughed at my baby girl putting her toes in her mouth - she just loves her toes there; (see above)
I made tomato soup from our garden produce, and brownies from scratch; I also made my kids do schoolwork on a holiday;
I bought ice cream!
I listened to the soft rain on the trees outside the window;
I learned that parenting is hard work - the first year is the easiest year by far!

Comments

  1. The first year is the easiest by far? Oh boy, we're in trouble! And here I am so proud that we have almost survived it! haha.
    Love the pic with the toes! Baby k is a cutie!

    ReplyDelete
  2. First year definitely the easiest. Mark Twain said when a boy hits 13 put him in a barrel with a hole and feed him through the hole. When he's 18, plug the hole. This goes for girls too. LOL.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Success!

Get your checkup!

Working on a weekend