Learning

Sometimes God teaches us in a whisper, and sometimes He gets our attention like a sledge hammer.

I had just gotten done berating my daughter for something concerning schoolwork. She doesn't like math so much and finds many ways to not do it when I am busy elsewhere.
I walked into the other room to feed the baby and picked up my latest book while doing so. And the first words I read:

"And all of our words must be seasoned with grace-filled patience. How much havoc we unleash when our expectations four our spouses, our children ... amount to perfection! People will disappoint us. If our hearts aren't ready for this , we'll speak only with angry exasperation ...."

Thanks God for that sledge hammer.

Comments

  1. Did Sarah straighten her hair in that picture? She looks so grown up!

    ~Mary G

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Success!

Get your checkup!

Working on a weekend