An almost perfect day

My Mother's day started out wonderfully at church. The sermon was one on parenting (surprise) but it was so needed for my little ears. I was reminded of how I need to be gentle. (In our household, I'm usually the one who says, "Tough it out" and G is a bit more gentler with the owies kids get.) I was able to listen and actually pay attention the whole time, since all 5 kids were in their own classes. Usually they sit with us in church, but this one weekend, because of timing, it was just G. and I - which made it much easier for me to focus.



After church the 7 of us headed west.
A day at the beach = one of my favorite places to be; and with some of my favorite people. We ate lunch at Mo's; and then we walked the beach for awhile.The sun was shining. The wind was just barely blowing. We saw seals frolicking along the beach line.







I love the lighting at the beach, so I took a number of pictures. I'll just throw them in here.




 It was baby K's first time actually touching the sand and walking in it. She didn't like it at first, but soon got used to it.


 The kids had fun jumping into the sand, until the tide came up too high.
To cap the the day, we stopped for ice cream on the way out of town. A huge scoop of Tillamook ice cream in a cone put smiles on our faces, and filled me up enough that I only ate a sandwich for supper that night.

 



Posted by Picasa

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Success!

Get your checkup!

Working on a weekend