Running Update

The Marathon is only about a month away. 33 days.
Yesterday I ran 15 miles, the farthest I have ever gone all at once. And by then end, I was tired, and yes, I walked some of it. But I did it, by breaking it down into more manageable distances. 4 miles on my own, 2 miles with my girls on bikes, 4 miles with another daughter on a bike; and then the last 3 + 2 on my own. It was mostly a mental challenge, until the last 2 miles. By then my glutes and shins and other muscles-of-which-I-don't-know-the-names are hurting.
I'm so thankful my husband and kids were able to get the laundry taken care of and the food on the table while I was out, and while I was sitting on the couch later. It was hard to go to sleep; I could not find a comfortable position because so many places hurt. But I eventually succumbed and woke bright and early and .. not so sore. Sleep is a wonderful thing!
I have no idea how I am actually going to get my mileage up to where I am supposed to go on the training plan. One step at a time. And I think this will be my one and only marathon. After that I am going to look into a new goal - the Hood to Coast relay.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Success!

Get your checkup!

Working on a weekend