School Time


I can't believe it is already here. The first day of school.
We usually don't start until after Labor Day. We have a tradition of going yurting while everyone else heads to school.
But this year, I decided to be organized. I decided to go through all the lessons and map them out to correspond with the calendar.
And I came upon the realization that we had to get a head start, or we would be doing school well into June and July.
And I knew that wouldn't fly here. Not for me. Not for the kids.
So we jumped into it today. Not a full-body dive into the waters of education. More like a dipping of the toes. I didn't want to start out too hard on the first day. I even restrained myself and did not give out homework today!
Now that I am homeschooling three at the same time, my previous methods from years past don't work quite as well. I found juggling three in the same subject was not working; so I am going to have to do some shuffling and figure out how to make this work without giving myself a headache. It helps that the older two can read, and that the first week is usually more of a review week. But the first-grader is a little stubborn. And the Princess really wants to be in on the action; but until I figure out the juggling act, I am afraid she is going to take a backseat for a few days.
Posted by Picasa

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Success!

Get your checkup!

Working on a weekend