Farmin'


Once again it's time to plant the garden and spend time at the farm. G and the 3 older kids left the house early on Saturday, (early being a relative term here), and I stayed behind with the 2 younger girls. I was planning on doing work around the house in the morning after giving baby K a bath. But my 4 year old said, "I really want to go to the farm!" How could I turn that down?! So off we went - after packing up the diaper bag, stroller and car seats!
And then as we were driving to the farm, she told me how much she loves the farm. Yay! It gets even better - after lunch with the grandparents, we were on our way back to the farm when she tells me how much she loves Grandpa, because he is going to give her a ride on the tractor. And he did (cue the Big Green Tractor song here). And she raved about it on the drive home. I had to leave early with M. and K. because little Miss Fussy pants was getting fussy. (She is the noisiest child - but more on that another time.) The only thing I was able to help out with was handing out tomato plants. I wasn't even able to pull a weed or get my hands dirty. I was out there for such a short time I didn't even have "tater toes". I am sure hoping as baby grows, I can do more out in the garden too. I bet my mom would be surprised if she read this, after all those years of resisting working in the garden down home. It's the feel of the dirt in my toes, the victory over the weeds, that I like most. And I'm so glad the kids are leaning this direction too. They had plenty of 'tater toes' when they got home that day.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Success!

Get your checkup!

Working on a weekend