This year's wedding



We went to a wedding this weekend. My niece (my sister's girl) was married on Saturday. I spent most of the ceremony in the cry-room with Miss Antsy-pants, aka baby K. She is a mover! And if she doesn't get to move when she wants to, she becomes a Screamer. So the cry room was the best place for us to hang out at the time. 
My extended family; we're down in front
The wedding was beautiful; no tears from what I could see back in the cry room - but I wasn't able to see the parents of the bride or groom; We got my family together afterward for the pictures. All but 2 of the 10 siblings were able to make it. With the weather the way it was last week, we weren't sure who was going to be at the wedding.
The reception was a lot of fun and noise once we got it going. Good cake, people to talk to, plenty of food, and dancing. I think dancing was my girls' favorite part. They had all the married couples out on the dance floor. My parents ended up being the longest married ones out there!
My parents, married 56 years so far

My niece and new nephew - just beginning
Meanwhile... back on the home front .. my husband and son had to leave the wedding early to get to the boy's last game of the season! It was also his last game ever in the Upward league, along with a team celebration afterward. I was sorry to have missed it - they won and the boy shot some important baskets. But even more importantly, the start he received after the game was more exciting to us. He was given his 3rd White star - which in the Upward league, stands for Christlikeness. It was for the entire season; so I guess maybe some of what we are teaching is sinking in.
Posted by Picasa

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Success!

Saturdays

Waiting