A Few Things

Happy Anniversary to a few special people - my brother and his wife, yesterday; my other brother and wife today, my in-laws tomorrow. Wow! June is a month for weddings! I know there were a number of my friends who married in June too. G and I chose the end of May, just because we're rebels. And because it was a holiday weekend and family could have time to travel there. And because we didn't want to wait until Labor Day weekend.

We are heading out for camping next month. Which means I am starting my lists. Yay! Lists make me happy because they keep me focused and organized. But here's a question for you - what to make for supper(s)? Breakfast and lunches are easy for me to come up with for camping. But supper is always a dilemma. So far, I've got chili and rice - one of our favs. But I need to come up with one or two more easy ones. Open to suggestions.

Have you heard of Oswald Chambers? He has this great little book called My Utmost For His Highest. Way back in 1993 a boyfriend at the time gave me the book. It's a daily devotional, and G and I are going through it again. Today's (June 25) message really spoke to me. It speaks about sorrow, and growing through grief and pain. It resonated with us because of something we are dealing with in life this week. One line, "Sorrow removes a great deal of a person's shallowness..." What I took away from the whole thing was how God uses painful times to help us grow. I can think of 4 times in my life that I felt a real deep grief -- when my father-in-law died in a tragic accident; when I miscarried; when I started with my chronic hives; and when my husband and I went through a very rough patch in our marriage. There have been other hard times of course, and it isn't until looking back at them that I see where God has led us. "The only way to find yourself is in the fires of sorrow," writes Chambers. I'm no scholar, but I think it is also in the way you respond to the fires you go through. Not that I want more painful times coming my way.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Success!

Get your checkup!

Working on a weekend