Road Race

This past weekend was a unique one.
I had one child with me for over 24 hours. And it wasn't the Littlest one either!
"Dash" and I were the only ones at home this time around. All the girls spent the 2 days at my brother and sister-in-law's house making cookies, decorating cookies, eating cookies and watching movies, and having a lovely time getting spoiled by aunt and uncle.
Meanwhile Dash and I spent a very cold but fun morning volunteering at a road race. It was the first time either of us has done something like this. We've helped at cross country meets, and this was a little bit similar but on a larger scale.
He got to stand and help keep traffic out of the shuttle area, while I helped out wherever I could, eventually winding up at the finish line, cheering on the runners, and handing out water bottles. It was so much fun to see all the different runners, all ages, all sizes, all types. I thought it was great to see little kids - like 8 years old and younger! - running with their older siblings, or parents, and even grandparents. There were a few stroller-pushers too, and I wanted to give them medals for doing that. Because those hills they had to go over! While pushing a stroller! That deserved some kind of award in my mind.
It was stinkin' cold out and I was wanting to join in with the runners to stay warm. Eventually the last runner came in, we cleaned up a bit, and then headed home to sit next to the fire, under a blanket, with warm lunch, and fascinating commercials to watch.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Success!

Get your checkup!

Working on a weekend