Time of change

Today was another milestone in our lives.
The Chef-girl went to Away School for the first time, leaving me home with just two of my babies.
She is in 7th grade now; it's like I blinked and 12 years flew past me. I know, it's cliche, but it really seems like a blink of an eye and they are grown.
 

Our oldest is now a licensed driver. He went and took the test last week and passed with flying colors. I have yet to get him on the insurance, and get the car he is going to take to school ... all in good time. Maybe it is my inner way of holding back the inevitable. He is a junior in high school, and living it up.
The Girl Who Swims,(on the right, below) is now a freshman in high school. I can actually remember back to my freshman year, and meeting my life-long friends then.
At least I still have the two at home. They continue to help me out during the day, and one of these days soon we will actually start school work with them! For now we are enjoying the weather and the fact that most everyone else is in school.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Success!

Get your checkup!

Working on a weekend