Gifts are done?

This year for Christmas I am going to give the kids a box, some ice and some leaves. They'll be happy.
That's what they have been playing with for the past week.
We have a bunch of empty boxes around the house and the kids have had all kinds of fun in them - making forts, walking around blind, hauling animals around; what more could you ask for?
The trees in our yard have a plethora of leaves coming down, so every few days I get the kids out there to rake them up. This week they decided to make a maze of some sort to play in before the leaves get hauled out to the curb. Hours of entertainment.
And the ice? Well it is cold here, but not that cold. No, the ice comes from our large, outdoor freezer. I went past it this morning and noticed the door was not closed all the way. "Those kids!" I thought to myself. Later this afternoon I walked by again and noticed the door ajar. Grr, I thought again ... but then it struck me - no one has been home but the dogs, we've been out... hmm... so I grabbed the gloves, cleaned out the FULL freezer of food, and pounded the ice out of it, scraping and hauling buckets of ice out to the yard. And the kids went wild.

Comments

  1. Wow! Easily entertained! That makes things a whole lot easier, eh?

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Success!

Get your checkup!

Working on a weekend