Update and more


Just a little update on the patient - as I write this G is "honk-shooing" on the couch; it's been a pretty long day for us.
He last took some pain meds last night, so that seems to be going well. He used his hand a bit more than I think he should have today - we put together bunk beds for the girls today with help from my in-laws. Work calls have been pouring in, and his assistant is ill, so there is some added stress there. But all in all, we are still counting our blessings.
And now for the "more" part. G turns 40 in just over a month. Yikes! What do I do here? I am due to deliver this baby in 8 weeks.
Plus we just put a For Sale sign up on our house.
Plus we have boxes to pack and house-fixing to ... fix.
Plus we have a right handed handy man out of commission.
So do you see the dilemma? ANY ideas on how to celebrate my best buddy's 40th birthday?? I would sure like to help him feel special on 'his' birthday. I know he has been feeling like he is getting old, and not really liking it too much.
(Thanks for your prayers, and ideas too)

Comments

  1. Wow--that is a lot on your plate! What about taking your husband for a day out for his birthday? Maybe hit the coast for a day and do all the things you normally don't get to do with kids in tow?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think y'all should do yardwork and house projects all day on his b-day... and then take the fam. out for a good dinner. Beef and chocolate peanut butter milk shakes should be involved (oh wait, that's my favorite... let him get what he likes... a good strong ale, perhaps).

    OR... you could invite a bunch of people over for a big party, where they'll give him a bunch of 'old guy' gifts, which will make him feel really swell.

    ReplyDelete
  3. My hubs turns 40 on March 15 and I'm am under strict orders to do nothing out of the ordinary that I would do for his birthday. This is not a guy saying that hoping for a big shindig. This is a man laying down the law. We are going out to eat with one of his closest friends on Friday. Best I could do. Of course, with the age of our kids, we get to go out alone more than you do. My kids could baby sit yours. Praying his hand heals right, quick and all is well soon. God Bless.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Success!

Get your checkup!

Working on a weekend