What if...

Back in January when people all around me were making up resolutions I came across a blogger who went a different route and did a What If list instead. And it inspired me to do the same. So I wrote down, in actual pen on paper, my What If list for 2010:
What if... I made G's lunch every day?
... I stopped using a credit card?
... went to bed by 10 pm?
... read my Bible every morning?
... made sure I walked 3 times a week?
... spoke gently to my girls?

Now two months later, how am I doing? Well, I make G's lunch when he isn't traveling, when he doesn't leave the house before 7:30 am, and when I have had enough sleep so I can roll out of bed and find the lunch meat.
I have mostly stopped using the credit card. Ugh, it is such an ugly bill to get, that I don't want to use it!
I don't always get to bed by 10, but I'm trying.
I have been pretty good at the Bible reading. Having "My Daily Bread" booklet to guide me has sure helped.
Rain in Oregon makes it almost impossible to walk 3 times a week. But now that the sun is coming out more and more, perhaps I can tackle that one.
And my girls ... still drive me up a wall at least once a day. So I am still praying about my attitude and tone of voice on that What If.

In other news, we had our very first realtor call us today and want to see our house! Wow , someone actually wants to see our house. I wish I could have been a fly on the wall and listened in to what they said.

Comments

  1. I pack Steve's lunch the night before. Occasionally his sandwich may be a little soggy but he never complains because he doesn't have to pack it at 5:00 a.m. before he leaves for work. Those are really great what ifs to have. Continue on.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Success!

Get your checkup!

Working on a weekend