Happy Birthday!

Today is my husband's birthday! This cute little cherub in the picture -- is now 40!!
And thankfully I have gotten to spend 18 of those years knowing him ... and I am looking forward to 40+ more years together too!
This man makes me laugh at least once a day. He knows when to hold me, when to fold, when to walk away, when to run ... oh wait, that's something else. Well, he knows most of the time what I need and when I need it. But then sometimes he has no clue and pretty much wings it. Which often works, but like all husbands, sometimes doesn't.This husband of mine, my best friend, has a strange sense of humor that I have clicked with from the start. ((Although I must say watching my husband watch Chris Farley is much more amusing than actually watching Chris Farley.))
But he has a serious side too. He wears his emotions on his sleeve, so pretty much what you see is what you get.
He likes to hike and climb mountains; he likes football, especially of our Alma mater! He likes movies with car chases --?! -- and just yesterday our son said the same thing while watching a car chase on TV. (Is this some genetic code in a male?!) He likes the outdoors, and especially seems to like landscaping, which is great for our yard, because if it was up to me, all we would have would be grass and daffodils!
But what really gets me, is that he likes me. I can't fathom why, but he says he is crazy about me - which, y'know, is a good thing, because I am just as crazy about him as I was when I met him 18 years ago.Happy Birthday best friend!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Success!

Get your checkup!

Working on a weekend