Spontaneity

There are times when the expression on a child's face is priceless.
I met a friend at the park today; it was quite hot out, and no trees at the playground. So we took a little walk; this particular park has a splash pad, which we have never been on before.
Oh, how I wish I had my camera with me when I told my 4 yr. old to go play in the water. With her clothes on. She had to ask a couple of times to make sure I was serious. She checked again to see that I really did want them to play on the splash pad in their shorts and shirts, without a towel.
Sometimes a mom just has to be spontaneous and put a (good) twist in the child's world.

Comments

  1. How fun! A friend of mine did the same thing with her 3 kids after we had all gone to a Cardinals game a couple summers ago. There's a place downtown called Kiener Plaza where there is a huge waterfall and pool area (shallow). She told the kids to jump in and have fun...clothes and all! We got some GREAT pictures that day! Luckily, we rode the Metrolink home and didn't have to worry about a mess in any of our cars...but the kids about FROZE!! :)

    Kids will remember this sort of thing...it's so much fun!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Success!

Get your checkup!

Working on a weekend