Take Two

It's a Couch-to-5K try again.
This morning I went running on my own for the first time in almost a year! I made it one whole mile, without stopping, in 10 minutes. It felt so good!
But it was hard to get myself out there. Everything in me screamed to go back to bed. It was only 6:15! I haven't been out of pajamas at that hour in almost a year also! What got me out the door? Not stubbornness, not self-discipline, not some great runner's secret.
No, envy got me out the door.
Seeing a skinny, flat-tummy girl running yesterday - that's what got me moving. Not that I'll ever look like that again (birthing 5 babies moves parts and pieces that don't go back). 5 babies - that's nearly 4 years of pregnant belly-stretching life.
But the motivation to at least try and get back into my pre-baby clothes got me out the door and into motion. And it felt good.
My husband has signed up for his first race ever, in September. In order for me to run with him I have to start now. So I have 4 weeks to get up to 3.1 miles. I think if I take it slowly enough I will be able to do it. This time of year is the best time to run in the early morning - beautiful weather, gorgeous sunrise, and not so many cars/ people out at that hour yet.
And it's a great excuse to buy new shoes.

Comments

  1. Good Luck,Enjoy the quiet time as you run
    LindaG

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've been out walking for 45 min in the morning. So nice and peaceful in our area to walk. Enjoy looking at the yards - some beautiful - and some neglected. So enjoy your running.
    Marilyn

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Success!

Get your checkup!

Working on a weekend