The beach in August:The beach in October:Notice the dress of my girls ... coats, hats, blankets in August. Shorts, capris and wet legs in October.
Yep, that's how it goes on this coastline!
Actually it's a toss-up for any day on the Pacific Northwest.
So last Wednesday, I checked the weather for my sister, and seeing it was going to be 73 and sunny, I announced to the kids, "Let's go to the beach!" Let's blow off school for an afternoon and rearrange all those other things, and just go have fun. Spontaneity - something I don't do enough of because we are always doing so many other things. And we were so blessed by an afternoon off. No squabbles or whines or complaints all day; teamwork and smiles all around. It was a wonderful sunny time. And by Thursday morning I was wishing I was back in that sunny spot on the beach.

Comments

  1. We just got a little blast of summer this past weekend ourselves. It's nice, but the tease of warm, comfortable weather when you're faced with 40's and a stiff breeze isn't any fun!

    I applaud your willingness to say "to heck with plans! We're changing them!" I'm all about the spontaneity.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Success!

Get your checkup!

Working on a weekend