In my corner


In my corner of the world this past week:
I watched with great emotion as the Chilean miners were lifted out of the mine. We kept the live-stream going on our computer all day Wednesday and the kids cheered and clapped with each new person brought out.
I went to more doctor appointments; one of them for the 5 year old who had some immunizations. ouch.
I read a book. Yes, an actual fiction novel, from beginning to end. After weeks of not having time to read a book, I just sat down yesterday and did it. Of course, I stayed up too too late to finish it.
I watched my son score a touchdown at his football game. His new nickname, "Shake and Bake"; he's got some moves!
I enjoyed a shopping trip all on my own (well along with baby K, which is good b/c she kept me from buying more than I went to buy) and I purchased my daughter's birthday present without her knowing. Keeping secrets like that isn't always easy in this family.
I made a menu plan, and stuck to it this week also! Sure feels good to have each days' supper planned ahead of time;
I learned in Bible study (we are studying women of the Bible this year) just how much pride factors in to so many facets of my life.

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Success!

Get your checkup!

Working on a weekend