End of the week

I waited all week. Friday night was going to be great! I was so looking forward to it. Not only was I going out with my husband (and baby K, since she is pretty much attached if I am gone more than an hour) but the other 4 children would be out of the house. For. The. Whole. Night.! Now, I love my kids, and the house is not the same when they are gone. But, oh, we were sure looking forward to some time to relax and talk without interruptions.
So I dropped the kids off at my brother and sister in-laws house, and came home to an empty house. Baby was napping and I just did not know what to do with myself. I didn't have a whole lot of time to tackle any projects. And I sure didn't want to do any chores! So I read. Oh so nice!
We made it to the company Christmas dinner/ party just as the food was arriving. (good timing!) We were able to eat in peace - a friend held and played with baby while we ate. Well, baby K has had cough and runny nose all week. We figured she had a cold and is teething. But last night something in my gut said, she just isn't right. Moms, listen to your gut instinct! So we left right after eating. K's breathing sounded strange to me, and she wasn't interested in eating - which was such a red flag - she's usually a little porker. Suffice to say, she and I had a long long night. Full of prayers, crying, for both of us, and rapid breathing. By 6 am, after a little sleep, I called the doctor's office and we were advised to come in. We had a lovely couple of hours at the ER. My fear of pneumonia was, thankfully, unfounded! But poor little girl has RSV - a respiratory virus. Thankfully, again, she did not need oxygen treatment. And we are just praying that she is going to fight through this and be healthy soon.
So my long awaited date-night was all that and more. G and I spent a lot of time together, talking. The ER can be a good place for conversation.

Comments

  1. My wife and I have had some of our best conversations in the ER. Hope K is OK soon.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, how frightening! Give her an extra kiss from us!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Success!

Get your checkup!

Working on a weekend