Treasures of the season


The girls have been begging me for weeks to bring out "Christmas decorates".
So today I pulled out the boxes from the garage labeled Dec. 25. Boxes and boxes and boxes. And inside those were more boxes. And inside those - delightful treasures that we see one month out of the year - our Christmas decorations!
I set up the Nativity scenes that I have. I really, really, really like Nativity sets/scenes. As of now we have 5. Is it wrong for me to want more of those?
village my mom made
I set out all the Christmas candles; hung up the wall hanging and snowflakes; found an arrangement for the stockings; set out the holiday books.
Ah, the books. I only bring these special children's books out in December.We have been slowly building our holiday library over the years. Included in it are these titles "The Night Before Christmas" (of course!); "How God Decorated Heaven for Christmas"; "Who Is Coming To Our House?"; Norman Rockwell's Christmas Book; "The Very Special Night"; The First Night"; and two Look and Find Christmas editions. We just had to read a few of them tonight before bedtime, and I'm pretty sure we'll do that a lot more. I have yet to put up our Waiting Tree (sort of like an Advent tree) but the kids have been very good about eating their chocolate Advent calendar!
festive chair coverings!
Next on the To-Do List: write the cards, send the cards, get the tree, put up the ornaments (which the kids really wanted to go through today) and make the cookies. Oh and buy some gifts I suppose. Will I get it all done by the 25th? Perhaps. If not, oh well. The Treasure of the season will still be here.

Comments

  1. I LOVE your nativity scene! Todd & I are pretty set on the idea of now having Santa Claus around our place. We've been looking for a nativity, but just haven't found the right one. This year, we bought two Jim Shore angels with nativity scenes on their skirts (well, one is hollowed out and that's where Mary, Joseph and Baby Jesus are). His heart is set on getting his parents' nativity someday, but he's trying to find one like it in the meantime, but it's so unique and beautiful. We haven't come anywhere close. Yours is very lovely.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sorry, my comment was supposed to say "not" having Santa Claus around our place. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks. My in-laws bought that one for us. (Brand: Department 56) We don't have too much Santa stuff either. Not a big deal for us - we'd much rather have the focus where it should be.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Success!

Get your checkup!

Working on a weekend