Remodel the remodel

We looked at carpet and vinyl flooring today! G was able to take some time off of work and the two of us (with Little K) went 'shopping'. We have an idea of what we want and like, so that helps. But, wowee, there are SO many choices out there for flooring!
The stairway is just begging to be carpeted. (Oh wait, maybe that's me doing the begging.) But there are some issues that need to be resolved before this can happen. When we put the stairs in (remember, I use the term 'we' very loosely. G does the work, and I feed him so he can.) the risers went in first. And then as time allowed G and the Boy installed the treads and other parts-which-have-names-I-am-not-sure-of. Then there are some boards along the side called runners. They go between the wall and the stairway. I guess they were supposed to be put in before or at the same time as the treads. So we are going to do some remodeling on the remodel. G is going to try and take out the treads, put in the runners and then retread the stairs. It sounds like it should work; the guy at the shop said it should, and it will make a headache go away; And then we can carpet it - which will bring dancing.
Let's head over to the downstairs ...
we have wanted to change the flooring on our dining area and kitchen ever since we moved in - 13 years ago! The time has come and I am so excited to get rid of the carpet in the dining area. Really, who !? puts carpet in a dining area?! in a 3 bedroom house? I could see it maybe in a formal dining room, but we are so far from that. There are stains and spills and smells in that carpet that have bugged me for years. I like clean floors. Some people feel like their house is clean if the dishes are done, or the beds made, or whatever; for me it's the floors. I can live with dust and unmade beds ... for a little while. But dirty floors *bug* me.
I hope to be showing photos of our new carpet soon.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Success!

Get your checkup!

Working on a weekend