Where we've been


Behind this sweet face is
One.Stubborn.Girl.
We are in the 'throes' of potty training and it's all in her court now. I tried over and over to get her interested for the past few months. And after training 4 kids, I knew it was something I couldn't force her into. Earlier this month, one Saturday we were visiting with my niece who had stopped in for a visit.
Little K. slipped away without a word, and then a few minutes later we found a bare-bottomed girl who had gone in and used the bathroom. By herself. Without a word.
And then the girl would not do this again for at least another week.
Well, this week has been different! We've been home more, and she has been choosing to go without diapers. Maybe it's seeing all her friends use the bathroom, I don't know. Whatever it was, it clicked in her brain, and she is on track! In our circles, opportunities for 3 year old's who wear diapers seem limited. The biggest blow for Little K. was not being able to go to Wednesday night Awana Cubbies with all of her buddies. I told her if she is in diapers, she can't go. That didn't bother her too much at first, but now, I don't know what goes on in that brain. Whatever it is, I'll take it.
Although I have to admit, having her in diapers wasn't so bad. We didn't have to stop at every single bathroom in town. We didn't have to keep numerous changes of clothes in a bag in the car. It was easier in some ways. But on the other hand, I'm good with this development, I'll take it as she learns it. 
Posted by Picasa

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Success!

Get your checkup!

Working on a weekend