Running On

This morning I got to go for a run.
And no, there was no one chasing me.
Now that I no longer have a gym membership, my motivation isn't as strong. So I turn to other means. Like telling people my future goal.
My goal, which I have shared with very few people, is to run a marathon before I turn 40. So, I have 3+ years to accomplish this. I figured if I start now, I will make it in time!
It felt good to be out once I got moving. The air was crisp and cool. I got to laugh at the people in their cars going to work or school or wherever they go at that early hour. I got to pray. I got to ponder on who to invite for dinner this weekend. I had time to myself to just think, without little voices crowing for food, or help with homework, or mediation.
And I got to see my mile-time improve with each loop I made!
I have a website I use to track and measure my miles:
http://www.usatf.org/routes/map/
It is a wonderful site to see how far you are from somewhere. I spent way too much time playing with it this weekend, mapping out new running routes; measuring how far someone lived from us. I was nearly giddy using it.
It was almost as fun as going out for a run.

Comments

  1. good for you! i am so glad that you got to find your thing and that you love running. keep it up, you will run that marathon!!!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Success!

Get your checkup!

Working on a weekend