Summer swimmin'


It's time for swim lessons!
This week the fun has begun! We started the kids in swim lessons many years ago, when the oldest was about 4 or 5. I never learned to swim, the Farmer never had lessons as a child either, so it has become a priority for us to have the kids learn. Not only for safety, but so when they go to a pool or lake or 'water world', they can actually have fun and not have to slide off the slide holding their nose, like I did!
So the older two are now in level 6 (out of 10), my lil' chef is (still!) in level 2, hoping to move up today. And the Princess just began!
She was so excited to finally join her older siblings in swim lessons. She practiced in the tub, she practiced on the couch. She was ready to jump right in on the first day!
We have a deal, that whenever a child moves up a level, they will get a Jamba Juice of their choice on the way home from lessons. So far this week, i have not had to buy any. Last year, I bought 2 in one week for my Swimmer (the 2nd born/oldest girl) I think that will be her nickname on this blog, Swimmer. She has the graceful stretch you see in swimmers, she has the long, skinny! body to cut through the water like a fish, and she loves it! She has advanced quicker than her older brother in this activity - leaving him dealing with intense competitive emotions (which he already has, but this surely exacerbated them!) {ooh, I like that big word, exacerbated}
So, this is week 1 out of 6. Any guesses on how many Jamba Juices I am going to have to buy?!

Comments

  1. It looks like they really enjoy it!!! I need to get my girls back into swimming lessons too :) I hope that mine enjoy it as much as your kids :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. there is nothing like a summer morning sitting at an outdoor pool watching your babies swim....although a cup of coffee to go with never hurts either! congrats little swimmers...glad to hear that they are having fun.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Success!

Get your checkup!

Working on a weekend