Finals


We have a time-watcher in the family.
And it's a good thing, or we might have missed the swim finals for the kids today!
After a late night last night - because the relay races were held then - the older kids were up before their minds were awake. A quick breakfast and out the door to the Big Day.
It was our second year of doing this, so we were a little better prepared for the day. We had plenty of snacks, drinks and food to get an army through a day of racing.

Of course there were meltdowns. What else can a 2 year old do at noon on a day after only getting 9 hours of sleep?! I went to a (beautiful) wedding last night with my two youngest, while the others were swimming. And we had such a fun time, yet that put us out late at night, getting into bed after 10 pm. So, I sort-of could understand a little melting. Especially since I felt like joining her.

The 6 year old .. she also melted .. but not until bedtime, thankfully!
here's what we saw at her level .. a lot of splashing.

My kids swam really well! I didn't keep track of their times or their heat-wins, I just enjoyed watching them swim, and swim well!! They've gotten so much better since even the beginning of the season.


And I had to show you these swim robes. Are they the coolest?!
My sweet friend made them for the girls, after I saw the ones she had made for her kids, and told her how cool they were. All it took was 2 towels from Costco and a pattern. Thankfully I only had to supply the towels, my friend had the pattern and the fun of sewing them! (Thanks D.S.!!)
 

Here's the Boy, swimming his heart out. I do remember watching his last race of the day (of the season!) and seeing him win his heat. That was pretty exciting!

Our 9 year old - at the beginning of the season she would 'start' by jumping in with hands flailing. This is what I mean by seeing such improvement!

The end of another swim season. Although not the end of swimming.

And, even though this didn't happen today, I came across it just now on my camera. 12 years separate them, but she loves her big brother so much!
 
Posted by Picasa

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Success!

Get your checkup!

Working on a weekend