So long basketball

It is with some sadness that we say goodbye.

Goodbye to star ceremonies and late practices.
Goodbye to the basketball season
3 of the 5 of our children played basketball this season, and now, finally, we are done with that. Well, mostly.
There is one more huge award ceremony, but practices and games and days of spectating are done for one more year.
And it was a *good* season. I love basketball,but even I was ready to have a weekend off. Although I seriously told my husband I am thinking of coaching one of my girls next year.
The Boy ended his season with a fun little party. The coach put together a dunk contest, along with a skills and shooting contest amongst the 7th and 8th graders. It was a lot of fun to watch them have fun. And, yes, my Boy won one of the contests. Although he is just a little taller than I am now, and nowhere near his dad's height ... the boy can jump!
He won the dunk contest. It was pretty cool (she said modestly).
Of course there are/were pizza parties for all 3 of our players. And with that, we can put that horse to rest. Or rather, put that ball in the basket.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Success!

Get your checkup!

Working on a weekend